Manage Our Volunteers, Assets and Training (MOVAT) is software developed and maintained by Stuart Romero (a current WA SES member). Starting at Belmont SES in 2009, continued development has seen MOVAT recently expand to be in use at State Emergency Service units, Bush Fire Brigades, Volunteer Fire and Emergency Service units and Marine Rescue Groups.
MOVAT is a centralised location of information to assist BGUs in reducing administration, simplifying reporting (NOAR, IRS, OEP) and improving transparency. Features include:
- repository of member particulars;
- capture of membership attendance through electronic sign in;
- production of reports based on membership attendance, including NOAR (Non-Operational Activity Report), IRS reports (Incident Reporting System) and OEP requirements (Operational Efficiency Payments);
- synchronisation of contacts to a Google account enabling mobile phone address books to be easily maintained;
- tracking of PPE / PPC issued to members;
- tracking of assets, including acquisition, inspection and disposal;
- maintaining records of ongoing training;
- import of eAcademy records for assistance in training needs analysis, simplified reporting and integration of the data;
- tracking of ongoing tasks via an action board;
- sharing files amongst users;
- sending and receiving SMS; and,
- tracking of member availability.
MOVAT is inexpensive at $150 per calendar year, SMS are 10c each (optional) and a dedicated SMS number is $25 per month (optional). Electronic sign in is via a touch screen laptop, tablet or similar device (at BGU expense).