Below you will find the list of changes that have been made to MOVAT over time.
- Added features
- Bug fixes
- Changes to functionality
Version 3.30 Released 21/10/2018
- Login Changed the SignIn account to not be case sensitive.
- Login Improved the security of password storage (increasing hashing algorithm).
- Home Page Added "My Availability", "Member Availability" (for Duty Officers) and "SMS" (for SMS configured) buttons to home page.
- Member Table Members that do not have a membership type set are now shown.
- Member Edit Disabled reset password button for members that do not have a DFES ID saved.
- Member Edit Added button to lock / unlock member access.
- Availability Fixed up the "from" numbers when sending SMS.
- Availability Added ability to turn off the availability feature under Config->Settings.
- Users Fixed issue where a member might have a ' in their name.
- SMS Fixed issue where the "SignIn" and "Stuart Romero (MOVAT)" accounts would show up in the All Members list.
- SMS Sent Sent SMS are now sorted by descending sent date/time.
- eAcademy Import Added capture of eAcademy import date.
Version 3.29 Released 15/10/2018
- Users Changed the way users are managed. Only members of your BGU can have access.
- Login Login is now the DFES ID.
- Login Updated security of login script.
- Login Changed the login page slightly.
Version 3.28 Released 10/10/2018
- SMS Fixed character count.
- SMS Added a "Clear" button.
- SMS Fixed clicking of the "SMS Sent" button from re-sending SMS when it should be disabled.
- Personal Issue Fixed issue date when adding a new kit.
- Admin Fixed member issue map to update correctly.
- Admin Fixed sign in statistics tables when there was no data for a selected purpose.
- Availability Changed availability order so that "Not Available" responses are above "No responses".
- Availability Processes SMS responses in this manner: First character is:
- Y: Status = Available Now + Comment = Full message
- N: Status = Not Available + Comment = Full message
- L: Status = Available Later + Comment = Full message
- None of the above: Status is unchanged, Comment = Full message
- Files Allowed a user with Config privileges to delete files not owned by them.
- Home Fixed charts for combined purposes.
- General Change site icon.
Version 3.27 Released 3/10/2018
- Sign In Updated the way sub-purposes are utilised in the sign in screen.
- Home Page Updated the way charts are made. Settings in Config -> Sign In Purposes
- Member Table Updated the way attendance statistics are calculated. Settings in Config -> Sign In Purposes
- Availability Changed the login page title.
- SMS Forced "From to be selected".
- Member Edit Fixed some issues with adding a new member.
Version 3.26 Released 28/9/2018
- Sign In Stats Allowed more memory usage for calculating stats on larger datasets.
- Training Fixed link in eAcademy import.
- Personal Issue Fixed issue with length of service calculation on the edit page.
- Training Updated instructions for eAcademy import.
- SMS & SMS Config Added capability to have additional contacts to SMS to. This uses the same dataset as the SMSer additional contacts page.
- Assets Added capability to duplicate an asset from the asset list.
- Availability Added spinner to show refreshing status.
- Availability Added check that FROM was set when sending SMS.
Version 3.25 Released 25/9/2018
- Config Fixed bug when deleting "from" numbers in SMS config.
- Config Removed the SMS API settings from the config page. Settings are managed by Stuart Romero.
- Config Changed update site details and removed option to change it.
- Admin Fixed issue where not all positions were shown in the members list.
- Admin Fixed issue where clicking on the count button on the positions page wouldn't show the members list with that position.
- Admin Changed the call out sheet section border to be above the section header instead of below.
- Admin Fixed column width of section border on the call out sheet.
- Admin Defined button text for the membership types on the member edit page.
- Training Log Fixed issue where you search for a member by name (including preferred & surname), the report would not generate.
- SMS Added ability to send and receive SMS into MOVAT using a shared virtual number.
- SMS Added templates (set in Config -> SMS Settings).
- SMS Added ability to use emojis in SMS.
- SMS Updated formatting so that the fields are better viewed on different sized screens.
- Availability & SMS Automatically process SMS responses for the availability table. Y, Yes = Available Now; N, No = Not Available; Else = Available At with response in comment column.
- Availability Added ability to send SMS direct from the availability page.
- Availability Made background colours brighter.
- Menu Renamed External Links to just Links.
Version 3.24 Released 31/8/2018
- Fixed issue with logging in for new users or users with reset passwords. This also affected users that were trying to reset their password.
- Fixed length of service calculation to not include leave of absence.
- Fixed issue with the sign in log start / end dates not working quite correctly (missing first or end logs).
- Fixed issue with the default page not showing sub-purposes correctly.
- Fixed issue with the member issue report not generating for a "Stores" privileged user.
- Turned off autocomplete for form inputs that use the datepicker.
- Moved Actions, Files, Availability & SMS to the Utilities menu.
- Added ability to send SMS from within MOVAT.
Version 3.23 Released 15/8/2018
- Fixed up the sign in screen to show only active members.
- Improved the security of the log in script.
- Added a comment field for each membership type.
- Added ability to add files to assets.
- Added ability to export member data for import into BART.
- Made search terms "sticky" so that when you go back to a page, the previous search terms will be re-applied.
- Fixed the training log report to only show the purpose selected.
- Put active member count back into the sign in report stats table.
Version 3.22 Released 19/7/2018
- Added "Written Off" to options for PPE satisfactorily returned.
- Added activity calculator for NOAR. This assumes that all members signed in for a period for the same purpose is one activity.
- Updated csv export so tables are in the correct order.
- Added option to include email address in competency matrix.
- Fixed attendance report tables to generate correctly.
- Changed the actions board to only show outstanding actions by default.
- Changed the actions board to trim text length to 100 characters for the description. Search remains full text.
- Fixed permissions for stores.
- Changed membership from "active / not active" to those defined in SAP 5.5 for SES and as per the membership application for BFB. All active members are currently set to "Active (Operational)" for SES and "Active" for BFB.
- Updated reports etc as per new membership types.
Version 3.21 Released 31/3/2018
- Added "next inspection date" for assets and added to asset list.
- Changed "Retirement Date" to "Disposal Date" and added "Retire By:" to assets.
- Changed the asset list search to be "all / in service / archived".
- Added ability to add files. Files can only be deleted by the file owner.
Version 3.20 Released 27/3/2018
- Fixed issue where new positions couldn't be created.
- Fixed issue where adding an entry into the sign in log with an ' in the comment fails.
- Changed styling of the sign in screens to suit portrait devices.
- Changed login script so the sign in account doesn't get locked automatically.
- Fixed issue where clicking the count button on the positions page would not show the list of members with that position.
- Removed the Beta tag from syncing with Google.
- Fixed issue where sign ins wouldn't show for the "End Date" selected when generating a report.
- Changed the eAcademy import to bring in the 'Next partial expiry' as the DFES expiry date as this is the correct one.
Version 3.19 Released 4/1/2018
- Fixed last sign in report to include current sign ins.
- Fixed some errors when generating the call out sheet.
- Fixed checkbox mis-alignment on Sign In Log page.
- Fixed the header in the sign in log edit table.
- Fixed the unit type selection for BFBs.
- Fixed Member edit page where the "copy to postal" button didn't work.
- Fixed Member edit page where entering email addresses didn't work.
- Changed the behaviour of the Sign in Log Edit page to wait for input before generating the table.
- Changed the behaviour of sign out all button to not display when set in the settings.
- Changed the size of the Sign Out button and moved the Sign Out All button to the right.
- Changed the behaviour of sign out all button to show a confirmation.
Version 3.18 Released 6/11/2017
- Fixed dynamic editing in Chrome.
- Major changes to aesthetics.
- Added ability to add entries into the sign in log.
- Allow customisation of the call out sheet.
- Changed the way "convert to callout" works.
- Removed PDF capability. Most modern computers are able to print to pdf.
- Changed XLS capability to generate CSV instead.
Version 3.17 Released 24/10/2017
- Fixed issue where SubPurpose was required, even when there wasn't one in Chrome.
Version 3.16 Released 24/09/2017
- Added script to export member photos.
- Fixed duplicate headers in the NOAR report (DFES purposes).
- Fixed "Number of Volunteers" chart for DFES purposes.
- Fixed Sign in Log Edit page where searching for a purpose or comment displayed a blank table.
- Changed the menu item "Log Training" to "Training Log".
- When logging training and clicking "Save Comments", page no longer returns to the search page and stays on the data entry page.
- Fixed FFRS log in for BFBs.
- Added ability to make Sub-Purposes for the sign in log (disclaimer - this is not very pretty at the moment).
- Added ability to import eAcademy data.
- Added ability to record a secondary email.
Version 3.15 Released 20/6/2017
- Few bug fixes, particularly in reporting and Excel exports.
Version 3.14 Released 19/6/2017
- Fixed sign in for members with ' in their name.
- Fixed some Excel report exports.
- Updated the signature capture process and scripts.
Version 3.13 Released 13/5/2017
- Fixed sign in/out page to remove loading spinner if errors occured.
- Fixed asset report generation and excel export.
- Fixed issued items excel export.
- Added ability to generate a single report of issued items to all active members.
Version 3.12 Released 30/4/2017
- Fixed birthday and service anniversaries as some data wasn't being displayed.
- Removed debug message from the training competency report button.
- Changed the random password alphabet to ignore characters that could be mistaken.
- Updated dompdf (PDF generating engine) to 0.8.0.
- Temporarily removed the ability to PDF the sign in report. If you require this functionality and have Windows 10 - just "print" the report to the "Microsoft Print to PDF".
Version 3.11 Released 29/3/2017
- Updated signature compression to correct some errors that are generated.
- Fixed export of dates / times to Excel.
- Fixed member save bug that was introduced with the id image capture.
- Changed sign in timeout (set to 2 minutes) so that it resets to zero when a button is pushed.
- Added unit name to the subject line of the backup email.
- Changed the favicon to the SES swan.
- Added BFB styling.
- Added time calculation to Excel export for the sign in report.
- Added "Edit Sign In Log" to admin menu.
- Fixed issue where special characters entered for member details (i.e. ') were not saved.
- Added options to select a period for the birthdays and service anniversary tables on the home page.
- Added checkbox for when a member satisfactorily returns issued PPE / PPC.
- Fixed issue where missing signatures caused the signature regeneration script to fail.
Version 3.10 Released 5/2/2017
- Added total combined volunteer experience to members page.
- Changed course list to sort by course title.
- Added eAcademy expiry date for courses.
- Added ability to store member photos.
- Fixed data copy script.
- Fixed sign in purposes config where member summary selection wasn't saved on new.
- Added ability to generate sign in report from training log page.
Version 3.09 Released 14/1/2017
- Fixed access log to resolve and record hostname rather than determining on the fly.
- Expanded MOVAT on login page.
- Updated SQL table structures.
- Trapped a bug on the map page where the member's address couldn't be geocoded.
- Fixed expired driver's licence query.
- Fixed auto-redirect for sign in account.
- Fixed redirect for resetting password from config page.
- Changed email address in footer to new email.
- Fixed backup script.
- New accounts are required to change their password on first log in.
- Added password reset and changes in access log.
- Changed the single config page into individual pages.
Version 3.08 Released 29/12/16
- Improved the SignIn account password management.
Version 3.07 Released 28/12/16
- Improved the backup script.
- Added map showing member spatial distribution.
- Fixed competency list page that wouldn't allow you to edit or add correctly.
- Added "Google Contact Prefix" into competency list page. This can be used to add characters to a member's name to assist with callout procedures. E.g. an "A" could be used to denote an authorised team leader and would come up in calls / sms messages to the synced phones.
- Fixed "Extended Leave" members from showing in SMSer Sync under "Active Members".
- Added next of kin relationship to member records.
- Made some fields optional for competency entering due to eAcademy changes.
- Fixed new member saving.
- Improved the sign in pages to work faster.
- Renamed to MOVAT.
- Added a login attempts log.
- Improved the security of the login scripts.
- Improved overall page security.
- Introduced minimum password requirements.
- Added access log view in Config page.
- Added gender and next of kin fields for members.
- Added SignIn account with a temporary password.
- Changed the update server.
Version 3.06 Released 31/7/16
- Fixed coding on the sign in log edit page to show currently signed in logs.
- Re-arranged the login screen to better suit smaller screens.
- Added signature display for the sign in log edit page.
- Fixed issue when trying to enter a competency.
Version 3.05 Released 30/6/16
- Fixed positions page code.
- Fixed trailing '-' for sections with no titles.
- Changed sign in log page to only generate statistics reports.
- Added an "attendance" style report option.
- Removed copyright footer when printing.
- Changed location of account settings to config (for those with access), otherwise to the gear icon.
- Added some more icon images for future use.
- Fixed issue with making a new member.
Version 3.04 Released 30/6/16
- Signatures are in the database to reduce the file size both in the database and for the backups.
- Fixed loader animation for sign in screens for some configurations.
Version 3.03 Released 30/5/16
- Fixed an issue with the sign in edit page regarding special characters in member names.
- Created an index.php file for system configuration to only check for index.* files as the default page.
- Fixed an issue with the default page where the purpose names used for the charts included multiple spaces.
- The backup script to work correctly for linux based hosts.
Version 3.02 Released 23/5/16
- Fixed issue where member details were not saved.
Version 3.01 Released 19/5/16
- Fixed issue with sign out combo box when a visitor is signed in.
- Updated the backup script to email the admin if the backup fails, but also to email a backup “on demand”.
Version 3.00 Released 17/5/16
- Performed many cosmetic changes included the updating of the icons to a common theme, updated the sign in page and the default page to show a bit more detail.
- Added charts to the home page. Sign in categories for these charts is defined in the config section.
- Added the ability to "in-line" edit a lot of the tables. Any text highlighted in blue can be changed on screen and automatically.
- Updated the code to be PHP7 compliant.
Version 2.06 Released 17/5/16
- Updated the update files to accept changes in 3.0.
Version 2.05 Released 17/5/16
- Fixed a bug that displayed the sql query when saving "kits".
- Increased time out time on sign in page to 2 minutes.
- Added the ability to delete sign in purposes. Note that this will also delete the corresponding logs and cannot be undone.
- Fixed config page for managing purposes where it was allowing blanks and &s.
Version 2.04 Released 1/7/15
- Fixed a bug in the login page that prevented log in introduced in 2.02 and 2.03.
Version 2.03 Released 1/7/15
- The upgrade package for 2.02 wasn't complete.
Version 2.02 Released 1/7/15
- Added sign in stats report. This can only be printed.
- Improved the sign in stats charts, tables and report.
- Added PPE kits functionality to personal issue.
- Added ability to email member with their issued items report from the members list.
Version 2.01 Released 27/2/15
- Made last sign in date blank on members page when there is no log.
- Fixed formatting of sign in hours on members page.
- Fixed anniversaries to remove list of members that have joined in the current month.
- Updated jQuery UI to 1.11.1 and used the min version to speed up page loading.
- Fixed contact CSV for Google Apps so that the preferred number is set as default when synced to an Android device.
- Fixed competency report to correctly display qualification date when none was entered.
- Added positions held to training log entry.
Version 1.9 Released 26/9/14
- Made backup button actually send zip file instead of full size sql.
- Version 1.8 update file didn't include all of the updated files.
Version 1.8 Released 26/9/14
- Added stats to member page including number of training and callout hours.
- Created member birthday list and length of service anniversaries.
- Corrected default formatting for local sign in report.
- Added the ability to sign in remotely for those that have log in credentials. Allows duty officer to sign in remotely if working from home etc.
- Recorded the form inputs for the training log page.
Version 1.7 Released 4/8/14
- Made the backup email a zip file to reduce size.
- Corrected default formatting for sign in report.
Version 1.6 Released 5/6/14
- Sorted the last signed in report by name.
- Put the last signed in date on the member detail page.
- Allowed deletion of sign in log entry through the config interface.
- Added ability to select time format for the sign in reports.
Version 1.5 Released 17/5/14
- Added legend to sign in stats charts.
Version 1.4 Released 12/5/14
- Change the sign in pages so that they are full size for any screen.
- Added the option to select the sign in purpose for the sign in report.
- Fixed removal of page breaks on settings page.
- Added the "Active Members" SMSer group that does not include the "Reserve" or "Probationary" sections.
- Added restriction to only enter numbers for member contact numbers (no spaces etc).
Version 1.3 Released 25/2/14
- Corrected member position counts in the positions page.
- Added total number of active and reserve members on sign in stats page. This is used for the monthly activity reports.
- Added "apology" bit to sign in screen so that when people message saying they can't attend training, it can be recorded. It'll sign in and out automatically, and set the comment to "Sent apology".
- Fixed code in the updater. 1.2 version will not work for installations that have a prefix in their table names.
- Fixed the reset password email that displayed the incorrect username.
- Fixed sign in stats so they stop causing a 500 error.
Version 1.2 Released 3/2/14
- Removed conversion of signature JSON to png. Raw data is recorded in the database instead of signatures.
- Added total number of distinct volunteers to sign in stats page. This is used for the monthly activity reports.
- Added robots.txt to discourage crawling by search engines.
- Added updater file to update the program.
Version 1.1 Released 7/1/14If upgrading from 1.0, you will just need to unzip the file, overwriting existing ones (it's a good idea to backup first). Then you'll need to run the following SQL through phpMyAdmin:
ALTER TABLE `members` CHANGE `Medical` `Medical` TEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL
- Added sign in statistics table and charts.
- Corrected html code for login.php.
- Corrected print script for when xls_cols is not set (noticed on the course_report_matrix.php file)
- Fixed bug in print script and export to xls that prevented exporting multiple times.
- Removed window.open to do export as it was not necessary.
- Added edit form for sign in log. Only available by an admin, and only allows the changing of times, purpose and comments. Name cannot be changed, and the entry cannot be deleted.
- Added custom page breaks for the call out sheet.
- Added the ability to delete positions - only possible when the position isn't held by any member.
- Added the ability to delete competencies - only possible when the no past or present members hold the competency.
- Removed some miscellaneous bugs and standardised some of the forms.
- Change all of the pages' titles so that browser history is actually useful.
- Added a line to display temporary password when adding a user.
- Mail testing file has been re-created.
- Edited the sign in log reports to show meaningful days, hours and minutes.
Version 1.0 Released 5/12/13
- Initial release.